Monday, March 18, 2013

Aquaria KLCC


March 18th, 2013
Xi'An, China
Song of the Day: Under the Sea by Sebastian et al.
Mood: Groovin'

World Tour Tracker
After Singapore, I made my way to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to begin my journey north.

Aquaria KLCC
My friend worked during the day so I wandered by myself downtown. After a long walk through the mall at city center, I found myself outside an aquarium. I quickly googled trip advisor reviews, which cautioned that it might not be worth the money. Because I love animals (including sea creatures), I took a chance and definitely made the right call!

First off, they had playful otters
As an avid Redwall fan, I loved seeing otters in real life
 In addition to otters, they had various other non-aquatic creatures:
If you're pulling at Tarzan, make sure you grab a real vine

 

Sharks!
The coolest part is the giant shark tank.

Feeding time began 15 minutes after I arrived. Here is the tank pre-feeding:

Then, here is the same view as the feeding begun:

Here are the sharks in action:

The bull shark only gets fed twice per week so it was a special treat to see the big guy:
Dinner is served
Manta Rays are the coolest

Nothing gets me excited for my upcoming Australian adventure to the Great Barrier Reef like animals from Finding Nemo

Remember kids, it's a shark eat shark world out there:

Other cool fish

Piranhas
   

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dan,
    Here is my list of souvenirs that I would like you to bring home for me: an albino python, a couple of otters, one baby shark, and a Nemo.
    Thanks so much.
    Love,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete