Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cherry Blossoms

June 16th, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
Song of the Day: I feel pretty from West Side Story
Mood: Joyful

Cherry blossoms
One of the best surprises of my trip has been perfectly timing my trip to Tokyo. The cherry blossoms bloom every spring and I was there a week earlier than when they typically bloom so I was going to just miss them. However, they bloomed early and I could appreciate their beauty.
 
 
 
In so much of life, accumulation pays off. I accumulate knowledge so I can work in a challenging, rewarding job. I live below my means and accumulate savings so I can do fun things like travel. Yet, I can’t save up seeing the beauty of the trees to spread it across the year. They are only in season for a few days and I have to enjoy them while I can and then wait a year (or longer) before I can see the beauty in person again.
Knowing that the blossoms will expire soon helps me appreciate them more and take time to enjoy them while I can. There are many things in my life that I expect will last a long time such as my health, mental sharpness, and relationships with friends and family. I need to remind myself to enjoy those gifts while I can instead of just assuming they will always be there and then diverting my time to accumulate other things.
Seeing the cherry blossoms at Shinjuku Park helped me remember to be fully present to my surroundings and appreciate how special is this time of traveling.
Perfect place for a picnic
Not a bad place for a date
 

So many people come to enjoy the beauty

Glamor shots


The Exceptional Dreamer's brother, the Padawan, took me to the park
and we enjoyed practicing our mad jumping skillz

Enjoy the beauty!
 
There are many other things to see in the park, but the blossoms are the best

 

No comments:

Post a Comment