Friday, April 5, 2013

Flags of the world

April 6th, 2013
Queenstown, New Zealand
Song of the Day: Ooh Ahh by Grits
Mood: Happy and excited

Taipei
After Kuala Lumpur, I went north to Taipei for my fourth major stop.
Taiwan is in yellow. Blue is where I've traveled on this trip.
Flags of the world

I've been very blessed to travel a lot in my life and I keep a list of all the countries I've visited. I only count countries that:
1. Are officially recognized by the U.N. (including the two observer states)
2. I've been in part of the country besides the airport (Sorry United Arab Emirates)

Who wants to play a game!?!
I love to play games and thought you might too! Can you recognize each of the flags of where I've visited? Hint: They're in alphabetical order by region (except for #1)

Scoring legend: For each correct guess, you receive one point. Key on the bottom.
30+: Ambassador: Congrats, you're a travel pro
20-30: Special Envoy: The world is your oyster
15-20: Seasoned traveller: Well done
10-15: Tourist: It's a great start
Up to 10: Time to hit the books

North America

1. 

2. 

3. 

Europe
4. 

5. 

6. 

7. 

8. 

9. 

10.

11. 
*Observer state

12. 

13. 

14. 

15. 

Asia

16. 

17. 

18. 

19. 

20. 
(Alphabetized based on government's choice of name)

21. 

22. 
*Not recognized by the U.N.

23.    

Oceania

24.

Middle East

25. 

26. 

27. Palestine (No flag on CIA's flag page) *Observer state

28. 

Latin America and the Caribbean

29. 

30. 

31. 

32. 

Africa

33. 

34. 

Answers:
North America:
  1. USA
  2. Canada
  3. Mexico


Europe
  1. Austria
  2. Croatia
  3. Czech Republic
  4. France
  5. Germany
  6. Greece
  7. Holy See (Vatican City)
  8. Ireland
  9. Italy
  10. Netherlands
  11. Spain
  12. United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales)

Asia
  1. China + Hong Kong
  2. India
  3. Japan
  4. Malaysia
  5. Myanmar
  6. Singapore
  7. Taiwan
  8. Thailand

Oceania
  1. New Zealand

Middle East
  1. Egypt
  2. Israel
  3. Palestine
  4. Turkey

Latin America and the Caribbean
  1. Dominican Republic
  2. Honduras
  3. Jamaica
  4. Turks and Caicos

Africa
  1. South Africa
  2. Zimbabwe



Thanks to the CIA for their flag page


3 comments:

  1. This blog is really informative i really had fun reading it.it is really beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 29/34. I guess I just missed out on being an ambassador!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's by far the best I've heard so far. We can make an exception and you can be an ambassador to the Latin American country of your choice.

      Delete